[I18NGR] Μετάφραση xscreensaver

Socrates P VAVILIS s_vavilis at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 29 17:47:36 EEST 2005

επισης ορισμενα λημματα απο το λεξικο του MIT που εχω στη μπαρα του
συστηματος μου
1. To cut irregulary, without skill or definite purpose; to
      notch; to mangle by repeated strokes of a cutting
      instrument; as, to hack a post.
      1913 Webster

            My sword hacked like a handsaw.       --Shak.
      1913 Webster
   2. Fig.: To mangle in speaking. --Shak.
      1913 Webster
   3. (Computers) To program (a computer) for pleasure or
      compulsively; especially, to try to defeat the security
      systems and gain unauthorized access to a computer.
      PJC
   3. A hacking; a catch in speaking; a short, broken cough.
      --Dr. H. More.
      1913 Webster

   4. (Football) A kick on the shins, or a cut from a kick. --T.
      Hughes.
      1913 Webster

   5. (Computers) A clever computer program or routine within a
      program to accomplish an objective in a non-obvious
      fashion.
      PJC

   6. (Computers) A quick and inelegant, though functional
      solution to a programming problem.
      PJC

        <jargon> 1. Originally, a quick job that produces what is
        needed, but not well.

        2.  An incredibly good, and perhaps very time-consuming, piece
        of work that produces exactly what is needed.

        4. To work on something (typically a program).  In an
        immediate sense: "What are you doing?"  "I'm hacking TECO."
        In a general (time-extended) sense: "What do you do around
        here?"  "I hack TECO."  More generally, "I hack "foo"" is
        roughly equivalent to ""foo" is my major interest (or
        project)".  "I hack solid-state physics."  See Hacking X for
        Y.

        6. To interact with a computer in a playful and exploratory
        rather than goal-directed way.  "Whatcha up to?"  "Oh, just
        hacking."

        7.  Short for hacker