Crypto F200 ADSL modem

Iluzionista iluzionista at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 02:48:22 EET 2005

Fanis Dokianakis <madf at hellug.gr> wrote in his message

> Yes Crypto F200 is based on the Conexant accessrunner chipset.
>
> I strongly recommend to dump the device and get a adsl router or any
> device with an ethernet port because the support for connexant
> accessrunner usb modems requires advanced linux knowledge like kernel
> patching and recompiling, pppoatm configuration.
>
> Anyway the driver has improved since I posted here a mini-howto it
> requires kernel 2.6.10 and can be found at accessrunner.sourceforge.net
>
> Fanis

Thank you Fanis. This is much clearer.

Actually I'm not a newbie who has a fear from kernel. :) Well, I've
had some experience with that... I used to have RH8 some time ago...
It really needed some tweaking (and tweaking, and tweaking, and
tweaking - I guess you get the idea :) to support all hardware I
had... But... I didn't mess with 2.6.x kernel... I just took a look
once, so I know the difference (*ko and kconfig)...

I'm glad it happened to be Conexant. I hope I'll make it work. Thanks
a lot... I think I'll do it in a day or a few (it's not my modem, it's
friend's). So I'll tell you if it worked or not.

The most important thing for me was to find out if it was Conexant. I
saw your mini-howto, but I don't speak greek. I followed the
addresses, but wasn't sure if it was it. Now that I know Cryptos are
Conexant based, I'll take a more extensive look at the site mentioned
above.