Problimatismoi: Xronoi-Xronoi

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 12:16:16 EEST 2004

Kali sas imera kai kalo Sabbatokyriako :)
Brika to parakato keimeno kai to ekrina endiaferon...
To paratheto gia na to diabasete kai na akouso tis
apopseis sas pano sto thema... Eyxaristo

Working with a computer is not enjoyable when it
responds slow!

|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
| TIMES TO RUN  |           |           |           |
         |           |
|      IN       |   SuSE    |  RedHat   |  Windows  |
Windows  |           |
|    SECONDS    |    9.1    |   9.0     |  XP(SP1)  |
98(se)   |           |
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|

|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|  boot before  |           |           |           |
         |           |
|    login      |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |     62    |     54    |     22    |
   20    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|  boot after   | (KDE 3.2) |(Gnome 2.2)|           |
         |           |
|    login      |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |     80    |     17    |     9     |
   9     |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |(Konqueror)|(Nautilus) |(Explorer)
|(Explorer) |           |
| file browser  |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |     2     |     1     |     1     |
  < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|  multi media  |(Kaffeine) |           |(M-Player)
|(M-Player) |           |
|    player     |           |    n/a    |           |
         |           |
|               |     12    |           |     1     |
   1     |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|   control     |           |           |           |
         |           |
|   center/     |           |           |           |
         |           |
|    panel      |     15    |     4     |     1     |
  < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |  (YaST)   |           |(Computer  |
         |           |
|  management   |           |    n/a    |Management)|
  n/a    |           |
|               |     15    |           |     2     |
         |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|  add/remove   |           |           |           |
         |           |
|  components   |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |     45    |     15    |     6     |
   4     |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|  find file    |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |     12    |     1     |     1     |
  < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|   command     | (Konsole) |(Terminal)
|(DosPrompt)|(DosPrompt)|           |
|    prompt     |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |     7     |     2     |     1     |
  < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               | (Kwrite)  |  (Gedit)  | (WordPad) |
(WordPad) |           |
|  text editor  |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |     15    |     3     |     1     |
  < 1    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |           |           |           |
         |           |
|     total     |           |           |           |
         |           |
|               |    265    |    > 97   |     45    |
  > 36   |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|

Also note:
- I am shouting not because I hate linux, but because
I hate negligences hurled at it so far!
- I know many people will suggest me to have a fast
xxxx MHz CPU: No, I suggest programmers to test their
programs on an xxx MHz CPU to see what they have
created!

These are my computer specifications:

Ultra high speed CPU: AMD K6-2+ at 550 MHz,
Extra high end GPU: nVIDIA RivaTNT 16MB PCI,
Super high speed SDRAM: 512MB PC133,
Seagate 120GB 7200rpm + Western Digital 120GB 8MB
buffer
Windows98-SE + WindowsXP-SP1a + RedHat-Linux-9.0 + Suse-Linux-9.1