European elections & patents

Dimitris Glezos glezos at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Jun 2 12:59:11 EEST 2004

Christos Dimitrakakis wrote:
> I was trying to find some information on the positions of political
> parties in greece relating to patents. There is little information on
> the parties' web-sites and (as far as I can understand) the elections
> offer no choice of candidates, just a choice between parties.

As far as i know, there is no official approach of each party. I heard that
the greek gov is in favour of patents, which is confirmed by the vote of the
greek minister at the vote of the council two weeks ago.

> Is somebody in the LUG organising some effort to raise awareness
> among MEP candidates concerning patent issues? I have heard that the
> greek patent office had a very laissez-faire approach to patents.. has
> there been any effort to make contact with parliamentary candidates?

We (epatents.hellug.gr) are trying to approach MEP candidates:  A
questionnaire for them can be found at
   http://epatents.hellug.gr/wiki/index.php/MEPQuestAndBg
and the list of the candidates in order of importance at
   http://epatents.hellug.gr/wiki/index.php/ContactsEL

After returing from work, I'll try to get as many faxes, emails and mobile
phone numbers possible by phoning to their offices.

When we have this information, a mass-fax/email from as many people as
possible to the candidate MEPs would be great (ακούτε ελληνάρες; ΑΕΡΑ! =)

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: subbie at jabber.org, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B