sendmail 8.12.1

Giorgos Keramidas charon at labs.gr
Wed Oct 17 01:05:02 EEST 2001

Dimitris Mandalidis <mandas at ath.forthnet.gr> wrote:
> Δεν θέλω αν ψάχνει για MX την ώρα που το στέλνω στο queue, παρά μόνο
> όταν είναι να φύγει κανονικά. Στέλνω και το .mc μου μπας και
> μπορέσει να με βοηθήσει κάποιος.

    % more sendmail/cf-8.11.6/README
    confCON_EXPENSIVE       HoldExpensive   [False] Avoid connecting immediately
                                            to mailers marked expensive.

    Note: to tweak Name_MAILER_FLAGS use the macro MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS:
    MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`Name', `change') where Name is the first part of
    the macro Name_MAILER_FLAGS and change can be: flags that should
    be used directly (thus overriding the default value), or if it
    starts with `+' (`-') then those flags are added to (removed from)
    the default value.  Example:

            MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `+e')

    will add the flag `e' to LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS.

Apo to Sendmail book (aka. bat book) section 23.6.1 diabazoume epishs ta ejhs:

    * The queue can take a long time to process because too many messages are
      being queued unnecessarily.
      The HoldExpensive (c) option (see Section 34.8.29, HoldExpensive (c))
      tells sendmail to queue messages to "expensive" delivery agents (those
      with the F=e flag set; see Section 30.8.18, F=e) rather than delivering
      them. If the queue is routinely filled with messages to expensive sites,
      you should reconsider your reasons for marking those sites as expensive.

Pio sunoptika, auto pou thes na kaneis einai:

    a) Na dhloseis olous tous mailer sto .cf sou san expensive, ektos apo ton
       local.  Auto mporeis na to kaneis me:

           MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`smtp', `+e')dnl

    b) Na energopoihseis to option HoldExpensive sto sendmail.cf pou
       bgainei apo to .mc sou:

           define(`confHOLD_EXPENSIVE', `True')dnl

    c) Regenerate sendmail.cf, install, restart Sendmail.

    d) Eisai etoimos.

-giorgos