Help needed from Greek Linux users!

Michalis Kabrianis kabrianis at hellug.gr
Wed Mar 29 14:33:08 EEST 2000

On 29-Mar-2000 Jan Willemson wrote:

> It's OK if I get the information next week, there is no need to
> hurry. Right now I only need to know whether it is possible to typeset
> Greek text in SO and whether it requires some commercial plugins (it
> probably requires something, but is this something free?). Still, also
> other alternatives for Greek typesetting under Linux will be appreciated:)
>
> Jan

I definitely know you can write (modern) Greek in StarOffice.
I also know that you don't need and commercial program.
I can provide all information for fonts and keyboard driver needed (all GPL'd
by members of LGU).
I do know that you may export it to .doc file and what is needed to be done in
Word to see the text correctly.
What i DO NOT know, is if it's possible to export it to rtf (and work with
word).
I also DO NOT know how one may import a Word document into StarOffice and
see the greek letters.

So, I'll provide the information I know (probably by tomorrow), but someone
else please provide the information I Do NOT know.

Regards,
Michalis Kabrianis