Help needed from Greek Linux users!

Jan Willemson jan at cs.ut.ee
Wed Mar 29 14:18:43 EEST 2000

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Ioannis Ioannou wrote:

> Oh, sorry, I thought you can understand Greek.
Well, I am just a computer guy who does not understand Greek:( The
professor of classical languages of course understands it, but as he knows
nothing about computers, he will probably not understand most of the terms
nor the meaning of the HOWTO.

> I will see if you can provide to you an small English translation.
>
> Can anyone (from LGU of from howto) help him ? (I can translate them but
> only at weekend)

It's OK if I get the information next week, there is no need to
hurry. Right now I only need to know whether it is possible to typeset
Greek text in SO and whether it requires some commercial plugins (it
probably requires something, but is this something free?). Still, also
other alternatives for Greek typesetting under Linux will be appreciated:)

Jan