Tux Paint UTF-8 support / Request for more translation help!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 28 12:45:12 EET 2003

Hi folks!

I wanted to let you all know about the latest Tux Paint release, 0.9.8
(and corresponding 'stamps' package, 2003.01.28).

This new version now supports UTF-8 encoded lines in the rubber stamp
description files.  (Those '.txt' files that correspond to the stamp '.png'
pictures.)

So now, along with the old style of translating a stamp, like so:

  A hand.
  es=Una mano.
  fi=Käsi.

...UTF-8 encoded strings can be used, as well:

  ja.utf8=.......

If you folks feel like translating some or all of the current collection of
stamps into the language you translated Tux Paint itself to, that would be
great! :^)

You can get the latest source (for 0.9.8 and stamps-2003.01.28) here:

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/download/source/

Thanks and take care! :^)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com