Microsoft goes all funny about XP

Giorgos Verigakis verigak at csd.uoc.gr
Sun Jul 14 21:49:31 EEST 2002

Here's a very recent verbatim conversation it had with one of our readers - a
system integrator:

MS Call Centre "Sir could we please have the Licence Sticker Number on your
Box"

ME "Why?"

MS Call Centre "Can't answer this sir, all we are told to do is request all the
licence code stickers now, unless you give this to us we cannot proceed with
your re-activation"

ME "Why? I have bought and paid for it and you can see from the numerous
amounts of times from calling we are the same people and same product, nothing
has changed. Apart from a clean up from viruses and a failure of your product
to recognise new drivers causing us 2 weeks ago to call and re-activate once
more as the product cannot hack the pace of too much being yanked in and out of
the system"

MS Call Centre "I can see this from the screen but can't answer this"

Hmm...

--
[verigak's automatic signature generator]
Get the facts first, THEN panic!