[Thelug] Well Done ELLAK group Thess

sksowe sksowe at csd.auth.gr
Mon Jul 21 21:53:38 EEST 2008

Hello Kostas,
> Dear Sulayman,
>
> It's been a year or so, that I first attended a speech of yours in
> SQO-OSS and in FLOSScom events at the Central Library of AUTH. Though
> I didn't know if you are interested because you work with university
> projects and assumed that these keep you very busy. My name is Kostas
> Boukouvalas, you can call me Kostas and our team (TheLUG -
> Thessaloniki LUG) was until this year just a company, a number of
> friends that were going out for coffee, lunch, or beers.
What a small world! you are right indeed about the FLOSScom presentation
at AUTH.
The formation of TheLUG: Yes and not surprising. Many would be
successful initiatives takeoff in this manner. Imagine what beer and
halara mind can do! Bravo and keep it up with the TheLUG

> But from 2008 we have found what for many years wanted, a place to
> organize events, seminars, even a small pc/lan party. This place is an
> office in Ptolemeon str. number 7, you can see the previous posts of
> our mailing lists, were I post the exact point in Thessaloniki. Don't
> imagine a kingdom, is just a place of 25sqm which this period we are
> going to full with desks, computers and everything that a computer lab
> needs. If you want to be a part of this, you have just to give
> attention to this list, for the events and announces following.
>
> If you have old (decent) material to give (PCs or computer science
> books) you are welcome. For anything else just write a mail to this
> list and someone will answer you.
I can see that you have already done exceptionally well. Many LUGs still
remain in the doldrums of the internet with no established
infrastructure. I will surely pay you a visit. There is little I can
donate at the moment but i intend to learn what the planned activities
are and how I can contribute my time and little experience.
My contacts are: 2310 991927; 6934903807
Harika

--
Sulayman K. Sowe (Ph.D)
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki