[RULE] report with Slinky 0.5.02 part1

Franz Zahaurek fzk at fzk.at
Sat Aug 6 00:27:50 EEST 2005

Hi Richard,

Richard Kweskin  rkwesk hellug gr  writes:

> Hello All
>
> I, too, have tried Franz's slinky 0.5.02 with FC4 cd's on a p1 233 mmx w 64mb. At first I was getting cdrom read errors on 3 different cdrom drives, but it seems that once I switched (using the same ribbon cable) first going to hda and then hbb, the seek errors ceased.
>
> The box is not mine (so this is a first report with it.) No additional modules were needed and so I did not have David's experience. With some small things to be fixed, I can report that a first run with the absolute minimum of pkgs was a sucess.
>
> Errors:
>
> While installing, some pkgs had pre or post scripts that reported
> errors (logged in install.log.)  Group creation failed with several
> pkgs and errors are logged.

Yes, I saw these warnings, but I could not manage to create all these
users and groups in advance.

> Grub installed properly but the grub.conf file had incorrect kernel
> and initrd names (2.6.9 instead of 2.6.11.) This was successfully
> overcome using the grub editor which resulted in a successful boot
> and follow-up editing of grub.conf.

Yes, I know :-( But at least I mentioned this at the download site.

But I am very happy to hear, that the installed linux booted at last.

- Franz
Franz Zahaurek                        fzk at fzk.at
Gymnasiumstr. 26/7                    http://www.fzk.at
1180 Wien