[RULE] URGENT: On RULE webpages

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sun May 11 21:00:52 EEST 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 18:27:37 at 06:27:37PM +0200, io (m.fioretti at inwind.it) wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 14:30:12 at 02:30:12PM +0200, Ingo Lantschner (ingo at vum.at) wrote:

> > Hi,

> > Someone from Switzerland ... looked at the rule-webpage and
> > suggested to orden it a little bit and to put it into a CMS.

> 1) What is a CMS? Content Management System or something else?
> 2) Any help is welcome, do tell this guy to contact me. When it comes
> to the website structure, however, it doesn't make really sense that
> he and I alone decide what is missing and what should be changed
>
> I do agree that it is a shame that the whole website has to rely on me
> finding five minutes every three weeks to update things, and, again,
> help is appreciated, but:
>
> 1) how the website should be laid out

Just remembering this.

We do have to find a more efficient way to keep things under control,
and at the same time make upgrades, addition of new content and
packages, *and* website announces (like last packages from Michael,
which should be both announced directly there, *AND* added to the RULE
SW map) easier.

So, what do you suggest? Do you have anything to add to what I listed
above, or more details/requests about it?

Even more bluntly, does anybody have time to put together some PHP
code to add the forms we need? I promise to integrate and test myself
whatever comes my way, but I could really use some (ONE TIME) coding
help right now.

I say this also because I looked at the phpope web site and got the
impression that, as nice as it is, it may be an overkill. Remember
that dynamic menus, frames, elaborate layouts, themes, and such, must
be left out not because I have no time for it (which *is* true :-( ),
but because text only, JavaScript challenged browsers must be able to
browse the site anyway.  Never mind the appearance, let's concentrate
on the substance by now.

   Ciao, and thanks in advance

	     Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think
about.
						B. L. Whorf

Rule Project HOME PAGE:  http://www.rule-project.org/en/
Rule Development Site:   http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/rule/