[RULE] Windowslike Desktop

Richard rholt at telcel.net.ve
Fri May 9 21:11:54 EEST 2003

Ingo Lantschner wrote:

>  Hi I just posted the following on the shrikelist. Some context for
>  here: I am testing now rox, its nice but as far as I understood it,
>  even difficult if we consider the situation of our trainees in
>  Zambia. Main points of critisism (TinyX, fluxbox, rox): * Single
>  click starts apps * No Startmenue in the left bottom (like
>  Windows-GUI or Bluecurf)
>
>  Do you have a suggestion?
>
>  --- Does anyone know a light, Windows-like Desktop which runs on
>  TinyX and fluxbox (light alternative to XFRee86 and KDE/Gnome)

I find IceWM with KDE installed gives me the KDE apps and a much
more responsive system.  IceWM is patterned after the Win9x menu
with a few improvements to keyboard shortcuts.

I prefer it to any other window manager I´v tried.

Richard.

Rule Project HOME PAGE:  http://www.rule-project.org/en/
Rule Development Site:   http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/rule/
Rule-list at nongnu.org