Πως κάνω εγκατάσταση πακέτων στο Fedora Linux;

Nikos Charonitakis frolix68 at yahoo.gr
Thu Mar 25 02:06:14 EET 2004

Περισσότερα tips για fedora linux εδω:
http://fedora.artoo.net/faq/
http://fedoranews.org/

Περισσότερα για το Yum εδώ:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/howto/2003-11-09-yum-intro.shtml
http://fedoranews.org/alex/tutorial/yum/

Q: How do I install software for Fedora? (How to use yum or an RPM)
A: The easiest way to install software in Fedora is to use yum. Copy
this yum.conf (Updated 2 Mar 2004) over your /etc/yum.conf. You will
need to be root to do that. In fact, you need to be root to do all of
the following.

Now, you can do yum list available | grep -v debuginfo | egrep
"livna|fedora" to see what software you can download. (Note: The first
time you do that, it can take a long time, sometimes up to an hour, even
on DSL/Cable.)

      * To install some software, you type yum install packagename.
      * To update some software, you type yum update packagename. (Or
        leave off packagename if you want to update all your software.)
      * To see what updates are available, you can do yum check-update.
Note that the yum.conf provided above is updated regularly, for various
reasons.

For more info about yum, see the yum project page. (Thanks to Ron Kuris
for this tip.)

If you want more security, I recommend that you un-comment the lines in
the yum.conf that start with "gpgcheck=1" -- you might also want to look
at the gpg signature question, if you do this. (Thanks to Kai Thomsen
for convincing me to add this note.)

To install an RPM that you downloaded outside of yum, as root you do rpm
-Uvh nameOfRPM in the Terminal.

  *  Q: Is there anything like apt for Fedora?
A: APT is a program for Debian Linux that installs not only the software
you specify, but also all of that software's dependencies. It makes
installing software much easier.

There is a piece of software like this for Fedora, that comes in the
standard Fedora Core installation. It's called yum. It can automatically
download and install a program and all of its dependencies, with just
one command. I even provide a special configuration file that I use for
yum on my computer, in the question where I explain how to use yum.

For those people who really like apt specifically, there is a version of
apt for Fedora. You can download it from fedora.us. (Look for the
package named "apt.") I have heard that it works very well.

yum kai apt