Various and stranage keyloggers detected

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon May 23 14:56:01 EEST 2005

On 2005-05-23 14:11, Alexandros Kosiaris <alex at noc.ntua.gr> wrote:
>Christos Ricudis wrote:
>>Nikos wrote:
>>>I thought it was safe because the only info that could past from my
>>>modem/router to my local pc would be a web page request like
>>>www.nikolas.tk
>>
>>May I take a wild guess that you thought you were safe despite of you
>>consistently and persistently spazing the orchids of numerous kwlopaidia
                                            ^^^^^^^
>>just like you in alt.hackers.malicious, where somebody could very well
>>think of getting his aima back?
>
> I would say that the correct word is "archids" or "paparia" or even
> "nuts" once and(mia kai) orchids simainei orxidees.
>
> Niko ametanoeite hackera, skeftikes pote oti ta windows(kai oxi mono
> auta) pou bromane apo xiliometra oti xrisimopoieis boroun na
> prosblithoun kai apo active pra3eis kai oxi mono apo passively standing
> in the network ?

» Strange Virus Hits Linux Users
================================

ATHENS, May 23.  A study of the Democritus Institute, that was never
made public, in an effort to avoid or simply slow down the eminent
crisis among the technologically adept population of Greece, showed that
an epidemic of a strange virus has hit large numbers of Linux users.

It is, as of this morning, still unknown is the virus can cause death
but it has been shown to be the cause of serious malfunctions of the
human brain, including, but not limited to: a raging hysteria about
socio-economic effects of Open Source usage, severe disorder of logical
thinking, a tendency to believe in anything said or done by men wearing
long black skirts, etc.  There are rumours that the virus is also
responsible for a sudden raise in the expression of homosexual behavior,
but a clean causal link hasn't been verified at this stage of the
epidemia between the virus and sudden alterations of sexual behavior.

Researchers of the Biology Departments of Universities and Institutes
around Greece are already half-way through the process of identifying
the particular strain of the virus that seems to prefer Linux users, and
may soon be able to test a possible cure.

``We have named the new virus after its subtle behavior and the fact
that we know very little about its nature'', said Diabolonas
Constantinos, a professor of Biology at the Aristotle University of
Thessaloniki.  ``We call it "the shadow strain", as it tends to breed
faster in cold, humid environments, i.e. at the basement of houses
hosting Linux machines, like those that the HELLUG organization used to
employ as list servers.  Fortunately, after co-ordination with the
authorities, the offending machines have been formatted and reinstalled
with a genetically modified version of Windows XP Professional, kindly
offered to us by Microsoft Hellas.''

The spreading of the virus has been stopped and is right now contained
in a very small area around the city of Thessaloniki, Greece, but the
Royal College of Physicians of Scotland, at Edinburgh, has stated that a
new epidemic is very easy to trigger, since the virus may be passed on
bia a variety of bodily fluids, by blood-to-blood contact, by air and
last but not least, by transmission of infected packets through any
vulnerable Linux machine.

World-wide researchers are looking at effective ways to stop & inhibit
the installation of more Linux machines, in a huge effort to stop the
spread of the "shadow strain".

More details, at the news of 19:12, on KGTV... stay tuned for the latest
and greatest in news, after our short break for commercials.

[]