Windows Interoperability in A Linux Distro

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Aug 2 12:27:53 EEST 2005

On 2005-08-02 12:05, Giannis Beredimas <mperedim at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> Δεν ξέρω ... γαμΆτο το portage (κι εγώ gentoo έχω σπίτι) αλλά
> τελευταία έχω αρχίσει και λατρεύω την απλότητα των pkg* tools των
> Solaris. Μάλλον φταίει το ... καινούριο μου εργασιακό περιβάλλον [*]
>
> [*] Θα τσιμπήσει ... δε θα τσιμπήσει ...

Ta pkgtools tou Solaris einai sxetika aparxaiwmena se sxesh me tis dia8esimes
lyseis gia package management poy yparxoyn se alla leitoyrgika systhmata.

Prin petaxtei kaneis kai biastei na pei oti tsimphsa:

	``I found the pkgsrc design a bit hairball'ish and wonder if maybe
	Joerg Schilling's endeavor to start with a clean slate and with
	Solaris as the prime target platform (his SPS project) is maybe the
	way to go.''

	Eric Boutilier, &lt; eric.boutilier at sun dot com &gt;
	http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/eric_boutilier?entry=more_on_package_systems_building

	With Solaris, you build your wad of binaries [...] Essentially, the
	pkg creation is just a glorified version of tarball creation.

	Chris Ricker (post at OpenSolaris forums)
	http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=3596#3596