Linux-greek-users Digest, Vol 24, Issue 26

Nikolaos Beglitis nikolaos.beglitis at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Apr 23 20:28:34 EEST 2005

On Apr 23, 2005, at 6:05 PM, Vasso Servou wrote:

> Dear all,
> My initial question was
> Which distribution of linux i could install on PENTIUM MMX
>>       166MHz (Vasso Servou)
> Therefore, i cannot have any graphical enviroment with linux on this
> machine. But i now have windows 98 and office 98. I thought that linux
> is more powerful and that i  could find a distribution to make this
> machine  more powerful.
>

> Vasso Servou

Is there any particular reason for writing in English?

Linux is powerful enough yet this is 2005, you can't expect to do
anything serious,
like running modern software, in a machine that was decent almost a
decade ago.
If you just want to play with unix a little bit and you don't care
about functionality
you can try whatever distribution you like. Just do not expect to see
fancy graphics and
such.

If this is your main computer, just do yourself a favor and throw it
away.

Regards,

Nick.