Fedora Core 3 -- Samba problems

V13 v13 at priest.com
Sun Nov 14 17:36:39 EET 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 14:22, Vasilis Vasaitis wrote:
>   Τέλος, ας μην ξεχνάμε και ποιοι είναι υπεύθυνοι για τον πυρήνα του
> Debian τη σήμερον ημέρα· όταν έχεις τον wli και τον viro ως
> συντονιστές, και διάφορους άλλους επιφανείς kernel hacker από δίπλα, ε
> εγώ τουλάχιστον τείνω να τους έχω εμπιστοσύνη. Α, δες και τι έχει να
> πει ο wli ως προς το πώς σκοπεύουν να συντηρούν τα πακέτα του πυρήνα
> (το quoted κείμενο):

Episis, na prostheso ta eksis quotes [1] [2]:

"I think it was Linus who said that clueless people will only use distro's
kernels, therefore are not affected by how the kernel is developped. And
for other people like us, the "stable" kernel will never contain enough
features and we will have to patch anyway."

(Edo, otan leei 'clueless' enoei emas (kai oxi ton asxeto me linux))

"Andrew's vision, as expressed at the summit, is that the mainline kernel will
be the fastest and most feature-rich kernel around, but not, necessarily, the
most stable. Final stabilization is to be done by distributors (as happens
now, really), but the distributors are expected to merge their patches
quickly."

> Vasilis Vasaitis
<<V13>>

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/11/9/81