journalling fsck (was: Slackware 10 Officially Released)

Michael Iatrou m_iatrou at freemail.gr
Sat Jun 26 13:26:02 EEST 2004

When the date was Saturday 26 June 2004 12:55, Thanos Kyritsis wrote:

> Από το man page:
> Reiserfsck searches for a Reiserfs filesystem on a  device,  replays
> any  necessary  transactions,  and either checks or repairs the file
> system.

Από εδώ: http://www.namesys.com/faq.html

31. Why are ReiserFS filesystems not fscked on reboot after a crash?

	Because ReiserFS provides journalling of meta-data. After a crash, the
consistency of a filesystem is restored by replaying the transaction log.

32. Can I interactively repair a filesystem that was corrupted (due to an
internal bug in the kernel or a to hardware fault)?

	man reiserfsck

--
 Michael Iatrou
 Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.