European elections & patents

Christos Dimitrakakis dimitrak at idiap.ch
Wed Jun 2 12:21:47 EEST 2004

I was trying to find some information on the positions of political
parties in greece relating to patents. There is little information on
the parties' web-sites and (as far as I can understand) the elections
offer no choice of candidates, just a choice between parties.

Is somebody in the LUG organising some effort to raise awareness
among MEP candidates concerning patent issues? I have heard that the
greek patent office had a very laissez-faire approach to patents.. has
there been any effort to make contact with parliamentary candidates?

Regards,

--
Christos Dimitrakakis
IDIAP (http://www.idiap.ch/~dimitrak/main.html)