Question about viruses and other ackward behaviours!

Kostas Papadakis konpad at auth.gr
Fri Jul 23 18:14:14 EEST 2004

Well i use Kasperksy on my XP. I Updated 3-4 times a day! I though i was
safe! But i am not! Even though i use an updated AntiVirus and Firewall i
still get infected with viruses, worm stuff like that. Epsecailly the Sasser
and Lovesan worms.

Within some minutes after the worm infection kasperkey tells me that have
found a worm in systerm32 folder calles TFTP(some number) and after some
other minutes it founds more and more and more files liek this, only the
muber changes. I even get lsass windows telling me that the ystem will
shutdwon in 1 minute.

WHY am i infected? Well for one thing until 1 week ago i was never turned on
automatic win upadtes. I always have this feature disables ( i really dont
know why). Ok then i realised that my system had way to many open holes
(windows programming errors) that patches claim to correct. Although i ahve
googled and found the appropriate patch my system wont accept it! What
happens exaclty is that when i try to install the patch the program tries to
run and then closes immediately or i get an error access denied even though
i am the admin of my pc and logged in as in.

a) Why the patch wont install although my win is activated?!? What must i do
to make it install??!?!

b) Kaspersky screams that finds worms every 10 minutes or less. Why damn
it?!?! If it is able to find them and identify them after i am infected with
these why it does not detect the worm the minute that atttemtps to break
into my pc? After all is nt that AV soft is supposed to do? Preventing virus
to break in into pcs? Do i have to get infected and then clean/delete the
virus? Why not just work like "The Prevention is way better than the Cure"??

c) Kasperksky asks me what i want to do with the virus(.exe) that found in
system32. Well i say delete it of course but then damn AV cant delete
because it says that the virus is in use or access denied! Well thats
logical meaning that the virus(.exe) is already been executing/running in
memory as a proccess but then again why not the aV just KILL the damn
process and all its relevant files ?!??! After all it knows the virus id and
how exaclty the virus is working!!! Well ic an fic it by booting in safe
mode where no other proccesses runs except basic system ones.

d) If you care to answer and i know Gandalf is 9and i appreciate that)
please explin to me this in detail so that i can clarify this one and for
all!

e) Thanks and sorry i ask these here but i know you can answer this!

f) Also wantes to mention is these problems relevant to the fact than i cant
run Xnews because it just closes by itself as well as Kerio v2.5.1 does the
same?!? I cant explin thise ackward behaviour!!

Den eixa to kouragio na to xanagrapso sta ellinka epidi rotisa kai  se xeno
forum! Sorry :)