debian kde fonts

Παναγιώτης Μπουκλής bouklispanos at yahoo.gr
Sun Aug 22 13:43:31 EEST 2004

> Χαίρετε.
> Παρατηρεί κανείς αλλαγές σε κάποια fonts (πχ. Nimbus

> Sans L) μετά από πρόσφατες αλλαγές στα πακέτα της
> Sid; Χρησιμοποιώ το συγκεκριμένο font σαν system
> default, και μετά από ένα restart του KDE (μετά το
> τελευταίο apt-get upgrade), όλα έχουν γίνει πιο
> μακρόστενα (στον κάθετο άξονα) και άσχημα. :-(
> Ευχαριστώ

Υπάρχει μια αντίστοιχη συζήτηση τον λίστα debian-kde..
Δε φαίνεται να έχει βρεθεί λύση ακόμη:

Thanks for all the replies!
I put a screen grab up on my homepage:

http://home.student.uu.se/frax0795/screen.png

I scaled the image to exactly twice the size to make
the problem more
apparent.

This looks like the alpha channel (transparency in the
icons) does not work. If it works, some
semi-tansparent pixel on the borders of the icons are
used to blend the icons into the background, and avoid
the "jagged edge" effect.

Unfortunately I don't have a soultion handy...

Patrick

Yes, I suspect so as well. The weird thing is that
everything looks fine in Gnome. Maybe Gnome performs
the alpha blending before it writes to the
framebuffer. Is KDE using a special X extension to
handle the alpha channel? I know vnc is in itself
based upon an older x server implementation which does
not support newer features. But this is really just
speculation. But since I haven't seen many other posts
about similar problems with KDE and VNC here or
anywhere else I assume that other people aren't having
any problems with this. I'm at a total loss over this problem.

=====
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me
to your ~/.signature to help me spread!!