booting the new kernel

fgeo at itc.auth.gr fgeo at itc.auth.gr
Mon Aug 16 23:08:09 EEST 2004

It seems that your kernel is too big to fit inside a floppy disk (considering
that you have compiled a lot of modules statically).This happens a lot with 2.6
kernels (except maybe if you are making a "minimal" kernel).I have found a
useful article that can probably help you:
http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=11801
and it applies to most linux distributions,not just mandrake.It involves making
a "boot cd",but it is fairly simple.I did not understand the gnome
question,could you be more specific?

George Fotis

"your weapon is guilt"