booting the new kernel

Effie Mouzeli manji at physics.upatras.gr
Mon Aug 16 22:44:17 EEST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Andreas Constantinides (MegaHz) wrote:

> Hello hellug'ers sorry for disturbing your holidays, but...
>
>  I am booting my linux using a bootable disk, I have made the bootable
> disk by running the command:
> mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
>
> Now I have updated my Fedora Core2 to the latest kernel: 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
> and when I run the relevant command, I get:
>
> # mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
> Insert a disk in /dev/fd0. Any information on the disk will be lost.
> Press <Enter> to continue or ^C to abort:
> cp: writing `/tmp/mkbootdisk.n10421/initrd.img': No space left on device
> cat: write error: No space left on device
> cat: write error: No space left on device
> 20+0 records in
> 20+0 records out
> #
>

> I cant understand where is my mistake? can you help ?
>
> I just want to boot from the new kernel.
>
> (I also tried installing gnome, but gnome-install always succeeds but
> after rebooting it does not work, so I have to do fdisk /mbr to clear
> the mbr)
>

> Thank you
>
> Andreas Constantinides
> www.megahz.org
> www.cyhackprotal.com

  Kala pou ksereis kai kala agglika. To kahmeno to mixanhma sou eipe
"no space left" ara mallon exei gemisei to /tmp. Kai kalou kakou koita
na deis kai ean o kernel pou exeis ftiaksei xwraei se disketa (sto leei
panta auto sto telos tou compile se periptwsh pou einai polu megalos gia
na xwresei se disketta). Twra to gnome ti sxesh exei me to mbr, tha se
gelasw, eite den exeis katalabei kala, eite egw den kserw kati.

--
Effie Mouzeli
Physics Dept.