booting the new kernel

Andreas Constantinides (MegaHz) megahz at megahz.org
Mon Aug 16 22:09:12 EEST 2004

Hello hellug'ers sorry for disturbing your holidays, but...

 I am booting my linux using a bootable disk, I have made the bootable
disk by running the command:
mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 2.6.6-1.435.2.3

Now I have updated my Fedora Core2 to the latest kernel: 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
and when I run the relevant command, I get:

# mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 2.6.7-1.494.2.2
Insert a disk in /dev/fd0. Any information on the disk will be lost.
Press <Enter> to continue or ^C to abort:
cp: writing `/tmp/mkbootdisk.n10421/initrd.img': No space left on device
cat: write error: No space left on device
cat: write error: No space left on device
20+0 records in
20+0 records out
#

I cant understand where is my mistake? can you help ?

I just want to boot from the new kernel.

(I also tried installing gnome, but gnome-install always succeeds but
after rebooting it does not work, so I have to do fdisk /mbr to clear
the mbr)

Thank you

Andreas Constantinides
www.megahz.org