Fwd: Re: [forum] Discussing issues

V13 v13 at priest.com
Mon Apr 14 23:23:01 EEST 2003

Ayto linei tin aporia gia to fork ton xfree86...

Subject: Re: [forum] Discussing issues
Date: Monday 14 April 2003 23:14
From: Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>
To: forum at XFree86.Org
Cc: Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

Around 14 o'clock on Apr 14, "Rich Murphey" wrote:
> You just did so:
>
> Keith Packard's Xfree86 Fork Officially Started
> http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/03/04/13/0253224.shtml?tid=0

I'm afraid (as is often the case), the press has misstated the facts in an
attempt to increase page views.  The original article poster sent me mail
mentioning that the title of the article had been rewritten by the
slashdot editors.

The xwin.org site is a site for collaborative activities within the
community.  The transcript from the last conference call should make the
intention of the site clear, and I've tried to clarify it's role in
various ways, but it's very hard to counteract the media in their endless
search for viewers.

If you have additional comments which you would like to see posted on that
site to help with this issue, I'd welcome them.

-keith