/bin/cp: Argument list too long

Άγγελος Οικονομόπουλος aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Thu Oct 31 17:08:05 EET 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 16:38, Άγγελος Οικονομόπουλος wrote:

> einai unix philosophy - apo th stigmh pou den uparxei prog pou na exei
> _anagkh_ panw apo _POSIX_ARG_MAX (min value: 4096) den uparxei kanenas
> logos o phrunas na frontizei na kanei dynamic allocation.

analogo paradeigma pou molis diabasa sthn lkml

From: Alexander Viro

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > ext2/ext3 ACLs and Extended Attributes
>
> I don't know why people still want ACL's. There were noises about them for
> samba, but I'v enot heard anything since. Are vendors using this?

Because People Are Stupid(tm).  Because it's cheaper to put "ACL support:
yes" in the feature list under "Security" than to make sure than userland
can cope with anything more complex than  "Me Og.  Og see directory.
Directory Og's. Nobody change it".  C.f. snake oil, P.T.Barnum and esp. LSM
users

--
Write first in an easy-to-understand pseudo-language; then translate into
whatever language you have to use.