Fwd: Re: Printing characters with iso8859-7 encoding

John Salatas john at csn.gr
Tue Jun 11 19:16:02 EEST 2002

Epitelous to swsto patch apo tin trolltech
To dokimasa kai douleuei.

Subject: Re: Printing characters with iso8859-7 encoding
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:50:49 +0200
From: qt-bugs at trolltech.com
To: John Salatas <john at csn.gr>
Cc: kde-devel at kde.org, qt-bugs at trolltech.com

Hi,

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:58:28 +0300, John Salatas <john at csn.gr> wrote:
> It seems to be a problem when trying to print some characters in iso8859-7
>
> encoding at different fonts.
> I use true type fonts and the problem is that the following characters
> doesn't print:
> Greek small letter mu
> Greek capital letter delta
> and others that are duplicated as glyph names.
>
> I made some changes to correct this problem and I am sending you this as
> an
> attachment.

Thanks a lot for the bug report. Your patch works just fine for greek, but
 could have failed in some other cases and was not 100% compatible to what
 Adobe would like postscript to look like ;-)

I have therefore made a slightly different change to qpsprinter.cpp, that
 should fix your problem aswell. I'd be happy if you could test the change.
 Please tell me if there are any problems remaining.

Cheers,
Lars

--
Lars Knoll, Software Engineer
Trolltech AS, Waldemar Thranes gt. 98, N-0175 Oslo, Norway