ΑΠ: Opera me ????????????????

Xenitellis S S.Xenitellis at rhul.ac.uk
Fri May 18 20:42:01 EEST 2001

Koitaje to
http://www.opera.com/support/supsearch/supsearch.cgi?options=index&name=131

Oi parakatw odhgies se Win doulevoun apsoga.
Me ta idia bhmata omws se Linux den katafera na brw lisi, isws logou
tou eidous ypostirijis Unicode se Linux..?
Xrisimopoiisa tin teleftaia ekdosi tou Opera, afti pou bgike twra.

An katafereis kai vreis kapoia lisi, 8a htan efprosdekti apo tin lista.. :)

simos

=======
UNICODE

Currently, Opera does not support Unicode, the technology needed to
automatically switch between and show some character sets for languages such
as Russian, Polish, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, and Chinese. We have begun
implementing this feature for inclusion in a future version of Opera.
You can use Opera to view some of these characters sets in this manner:
Under File/Preferences/Documents, select a Font that will support the
language which you want to view.
Make this selection for each type of text listed in the "User fonts and
colors" selection area (if you want all the type sizes on the page to be in
the same encoding).
Make sure to select the proper "Script" setting in the lower right corner of
the "Font" dialog box. For example, some web pages are written using
Cyrillic CP1251, and some are written using KOI8-R... so you will need a
compatible font for each of these encodings to view Russian web pages. And
you will have to manually change Opera's Fonts under "Documents" every time
you come across a page with a different encoding.
Alternately, since changing all of the text types is a big chore, you can
create additional .INI files for Opera, and save them under different names.
Then create shortcuts to the Opera program that point to your new .INI
settings files, so that when you open Opera, Opera uses these chosen
settings. To do so, follow the instructions below:
Open Opera, go to File/Preferences/Documents. In the "User fonts and colors"
selection area, set all the Font choices to enable the language of you
choice. Click OK.
Then, make a copy of the file named OPERA.INI  and save it under another
name, for example RUSSIAN.INI (OPERA.INI will be found in your Opera
directory. You can use Windows Explorer or File Manager to find OPERA.INI).
Now, create a new shortcut to Opera on the desktop or in the Start menu.
Make sure that the file path to the executable program (also called the
command line) is enclosed in quotes, and add the file path to your new .INI
file to the end of the Command line. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe" C:\windows\Russian.ini
There will still only be one Opera program on your computer... It will
simply have different settings when you start it with the alternative
shortcuts.
For information on how to view Hebrew pages, please view this page (mirrored
with the author's permission):
Seeing Hebrew
Opera also supports Japanese on Windows OS/2 and Win 3.x using Alan
Barbour's instructions
href="http://userzweb.lightspeed.net/~abarbour/os2cjk.htm">found here.
=======