Fw: second subnet in the same ethernet

Panagiotis Malakoudis pmal at space.gr
Thu Jun 28 11:53:01 EEST 2001

Pleon to RIPE exei egkatalipsei tin enoia tou Class A, B klp
To scheme pou xrisimopoieite einai to CIDR. Vasi aytou kane oti theleis
me ta subnet sou.
Ase pou einai volikotero gia tou users (xoris to L gia na min
ektethoume) na thomountai san ip tou mail server mia 10.10.10.10 apo mia
253.248.112.45
Ayto pou fantazome pos thelei na kanei o Spyros einai na energopiisei ip
aliasing support ston kernel (2.2.x) kai na valei mia deyteri ip stin
ethernet tou xrisimopoiontas subinterfaces.

Vlepe kernel help...

 Linux Kernel v2.2.19 Configuration

                                         IP: aliasing
support

CONFIG_IP_ALIAS:

    Sometimes it is useful to give several IP addresses to a
single
    physical network interface (serial port or Ethernet card). The
most
    common case is that you want to serve different WWW or ftp
documents
    to the outside depending on which of your host names was used
    connect to you. This is called "multihosting" or "virtual
domains"
    or "virtual hosting services" and is explained in detail on the
WWW
    at http://www.thesphere.com/~dlp/TwoServers/ (to browse the WWW,
you
    need to have access to a machine on the Internet that has a
program
    like lynx or netscape) and also in the
Virtual-Services-HOWTO,
    available via FTP (user: anonymous)
from

ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO.

    Another scenario would be that there are two logical networks
living
    on your local Ethernet and you want to access them both with
the
    same Ethernet card. This can also be done if you say Y
here.

    The configuration of these alias addresses is done with a
special
    name syntax explained in Documentation/networking/alias.txt and
in
    the IP-Alias mini-HOWTO. If you want this, say Y. Most people
don't
    need it and say
N.

Haris Koutsouris wrote:

> [...]

Panagiotis Malakoudis - Systems Administrator
Technical Division
Space Hellas Group of Companies
Voice: +30 1 6504100