glibc trouble

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Mon Jun 4 19:27:01 EEST 2001

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, John Nikolaou wrote:

> hi,
> does anyone knows if it is possible to have both glibc2.2.x and glibc 2.1.x
> installed
> on my system for some applications I use do not work with glibc 2.2?
> thanx

 Yes you can have multiple versions of the glibc libraries on your system.
For example RedHat 7.1 has glibc 2.2 and glibc 2.1 for the reason you
mention.
 To be able to use the glibc 2.1 lib in RH 7.1 you have to run the
following script to set some Enviroment variables:
/usr/i386-glibc21-linux/bin/i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh