Question about "shutting down NFS lockd: FAILED"

Frank kaidi at tpts4.seed.net.tw
Sun Dec 30 19:40:01 EET 2001

Hi,

This is frank in Taiwan, as I just can know and key in English, and I saw you post
the discussion about "shutting down NFS lockd: FAILED" article on
internet- http://lists.hellug.gr/pipermail/linux-greek-users/2000-May/087514.html.

As I also had met this problem and I can't fix this issue so far after I converting
my Linux kernel from 2.2.14 to 2.2.19 and after compiled I shutdown the system,
then I saw this error message, but during reboot, it is OK.

So could you tell me why this issue comes out, and how to fix it in English words
as I just know English. I am so sorry to bother you and I would apologize that if
I bring any inconvenience to you.

Any reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

Frank in R.O.C.