query about modem in linux-Subashini,India

Theodore Lytras aspirin at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 20 20:29:07 EEST 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Hai,
>         i am subashini,Electronics and Communication Engineer, working
> in HCL,Pondicherry,India.
> I got problem in connecting net through internal 56kDax modem.After
> configuring everything, dialing to phone number is appearing.But
> finally, no carrier is producing.(Note:there is no prob in phone line.)
>        When i tried after restarting machine, Modem  has been locked
> message is appearing in KPPP.
> PLs help me to get out from this prob.
> With hope,
> suba
>

> --

Maybe you should try using ATX3 as your modem
initialization string instead of ATZ (kppp 's default). It
worked for me and some friends of mine. You have to open
kppp, select Setup-->Modem-->Modem Commands, and change it.

Good luck, and best regards from Greece

Theodore Lytras <aspirin at myrealbox.com>