kikbd kai KDE-2.0 [Fwd: Re: Is it true...]

Dimitrios P. Bouras dbouras at hol.gr
Sun Oct 8 16:56:12 EEST 2000

Sas to koinopoiw (gia tous KDE-obious)
Dhmhtrhs

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Is it true...
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 08:34:45 -0400
From: Cristian Tibirna <tibirna at kde.org>
To: "Dimitrios P. Bouras" <dbouras at hol.gr>

On Thu, 05 Oct 2000, Dimitrios P. Bouras wrote:
> ....that kikbd will not be included in KDE2?

Yes :-(

> Have you given up its further development?

No, I didn't. I didn't have the necessary free time to finish for KDE-2
final. I rewrote a part of the code but I think I will simply rebuild the
application entirely since the old code is perhaps the least adaptable KDE-1
code to KDE-2 feature base.

I managed to close a lot of time-eating issues last week and now I prepare an
intense work session for KiKbd. I will anyway start to release it
independently of KDE-2 base too (as well as included).

Thanks for being concerned

--
Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna at total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna at gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna