Help needed from Greek Linux users!

Michalis Kabrianis kabrianis at hellug.gr
Wed Mar 29 14:54:17 EEST 2000

On 29-Mar-2000 Jan Willemson wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Michalis Kabrianis wrote:
>
>> I definitely know you can write (modern) Greek in StarOffice.
>
> That's good news, thank You! But still -- as the person needing to write
> Greek deals with classical filology, he might also want to write old
> Greek. I do not know exactly how lagre is the difference nor whether it is
> possible to write old Greek in Word (if it is not possible, the professor
> will not miss this feature in SO as well:)).

It is possible, in Windows 2000, or with 3rd-party keyboard drivers in earlier
versions of Windows. In that case, the only tool I know to do the job, is
(currently) Tex, although I hope we will be able to provide something similar
in a couple of months maybe.

>> I do know that you may export it to .doc file and what is needed to be done
>> in
>> Word to see the text correctly.
>> What i DO NOT know, is if it's possible to export it to rtf (and work with
>> word).
>
> Well, .doc is also fine as SO is more or less able to read/write them.

Yes, but as I said, SO cannot correctly import Greek files from Word (as fas as
I know).

> Jan

Michalis Kabrianis