Mhpws kapoioi mas fobountai;

Panos Katsaloulis teras at Talos.teras.gr
Wed Feb 9 10:12:09 EET 2000

To keimeno poy akoloy9ei einai apo apanthsh se newsgroup sxetika me
support ths Hollywood+ ('h alliws DXR3) DVD decoding kartas sto Linux apo
ypey9yno ths etaireias.
Epeidh moy ekane entypwsh mexri twra pws para ta epanhlhmena parapona moy
sxetika me to sypport *panta* moy edinan mia apanthsh ( = den bariotan)
nomizw oti brhka mia sxetikh lysh sto keimeno poy akoloy9ei:
(an kai e3akoloyei na einai to DXR3 ENTELWS UNSUPPORTED sto Linux)

--------------------------

Linux is new to us. We are pretty good at releasing and testing DVD for
Windows drivers, because we know what customers want. We don't have that
kind of understanding with Linux yet, and I don't want anybody to be
unhappy. Besides, since we don't have this experience, it is more
difficult for us to gauge how long things will take.

Happy customers = More customers.
Unhappy customers = Misery
Unhappy Linux customers = Unimaginable. I don't even want to *think* of
purposefully upsetting some of these guys. First, our webserver will get
hacked to Kingdom Come, then they'll hack Amazon.Com so that every order
gets billed to my credit card, my birth record will probably vanish, and
then the IRS will call me and ask why I haven't filed tax returns for
the last fifteen years.

We want you to be happy. Please check back with this newsgroup, and
you'll be able to follow how things progress.

Marshall Goldberg

--
Panos Katsaloulis <teras at writeme.com>
* Microsoft brought artificial intelligence to our desktop:
Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at hellug.gr
Ta archives tis listas einai sto http://lists.hellug.gr/lgu.html