lilo

Alexander Deliyannis adeliyan at email.com
Tue Jan 12 01:46:08 EET 1999

Looking at the RedHat 5.2 Installation Manual, I get the impression that
only the boot sectors of Primary drives can be used for booting up Linux.
(See: BIOS-Related limitations impacting LILO; I imagine that there should
be a similar chapter in the 5.1 book)

If I'm right, then you should reconfigure your machine, installing your
second drive as primary slave, rather than secondary master.

You don't mention where your CD-ROM is wired; if it's the primary slave,
then you should make it the secondary master.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Alx

P.S. By the way, pros ti ta Agglika?

At 03:31 ìì 11/1/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>I have a machine with 2 hd, the one is Primary master and the second is
>Secondary master.At Pimary master I have NT4.0(NTFS)
>and at the second(FAT) I have installed Redhat 5.1.The first is hda(NT)
>and the second is hdc, I have two partitions, one
>Swap(hdc1) and one native(hdc2). I am trying to use NT Loader with the
>known process (  the comman dd and the change at the
>boot.ini in NT). The message I am getting when I am selecting Linux from
>
>the menu NT,NT VGA,Linux is a black screen and <LI>
>
>This is my lilo.conf:
>
>boot=/dev/hdc2
>map=/boot/map
>install=/boot/boot.b
>default=linux
>prompt
>timeout=50
>image=/boot/vmlinux
>        label=linux
>        root=/dev/hdc2
>        read-only
>other=/dev/hda1
>        label=NT 4.0
>        table=/dev/hda
>When I am running sbin/lilo I get a message like this :
>
>< Warning : /dev/hdc2 is not on the first disk
>    Added Linux*
>    Added Nt 4.0 >
>
>Thank you, If you can imagine what the problem is, send me a mail.
>
>--
>Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at argos.hol.gr
>Ta archives tis listas einai sto http://www.argos.hol.gr/lists :
>prin steilete kapoia erothsh psakte mipos exei hdh apanththei.
>Gia opoiodipote problima stilte e-mail ston owner-linux-greek-users

Alexander Deliyannis
P.O. Box 24089
11110 Athens
GREECE