lilo

Abountolas Kostas aboud at dssl.tuc.gr
Mon Jan 11 15:31:14 EET 1999

I have a machine with 2 hd, the one is Primary master and the second is
Secondary master.At Pimary master I have NT4.0(NTFS)
and at the second(FAT) I have installed Redhat 5.1.The first is hda(NT)
and the second is hdc, I have two partitions, one
Swap(hdc1) and one native(hdc2). I am trying to use NT Loader with the
known process (  the comman dd and the change at the
boot.ini in NT). The message I am getting when I am selecting Linux from

the menu NT,NT VGA,Linux is a black screen and <LI>

This is my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hdc2
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
default=linux
prompt
timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hdc2
        read-only
other=/dev/hda1
        label=NT 4.0
        table=/dev/hda
When I am running sbin/lilo I get a message like this :

< Warning : /dev/hdc2 is not on the first disk
    Added Linux*
    Added Nt 4.0 >

Thank you, If you can imagine what the problem is, send me a mail.

Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at argos.hol.gr