You've never seen something like that...

Christofer Karatzinis chka at net-cs.ucd.ie
Mon Jan 19 20:12:27 EET 1998

Hi all,

   I thought that the difficulty is to add a new device in your computer,
not to remove one. So, I add (without any problem) an external SCSI NEC
CDplayer in my Sun (IPC). I mount the RedHat cdrom, I copied some files...
I unmount it and I tried to remove it from the sun. If I boot the machine
I have this:

Can't clear ESP interrupts. Check SCSI Term. Power Fuse.
(I have this message 10-15 times)
SCSI device 3,0 is not responding.
Can't open boot device
Type help for more information

Any help? How can I remove this CDplayer? In order to boot my Sun, I must
have the CDplayer connected (it doesn't seem to care about termination)
and the CDplayer MUST be on!!!

Thanx in advance,
Christofer

PS: And after installing linux in my sun, I can't ask for help in the "ok"
mode. Instead of help it returns: There's no help for the weary.

Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at argos.hol.gr