Troubles with Greek stamps for Tux Paint

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Feb 19 10:19:13 EET 2003

Hi there!  I'm patching Tux Paint's [1] "Stamps" collection with the
Greek translations I received recently, but unfortunately, they don't
look Greek!

I've tried altering the stamps' ".txt" files to specify that the text is
in UTF-8 ("el.utf8=..."), although I'm not sure that that's correct.
It didn't seem to help.

I've also told Tux Paint to force itself to use the locale font ("el.ttf"),
but that didn't work either.  (I got the sme 'junk' characters, just in
a serif font, rather than the standard sans-serif font use by English,
French, German, etc.)

Is there something else I should try?  Or would it be possible to get
the stamp files converted to UTF-8 format, and sent to me?
(Notice how it was done with Japanese ("ja.utf8=..."))

Thanks in advance!

--
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick