[Fwd: [Fonts]-misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1 fonts update]

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Sun Jul 28 00:12:42 EEST 2002

-----Προωθημένο Μήνυμα-----

From: Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk>
To: linux-utf8 at nl.linux.org, fonts at xfree86.org
Subject: [Fonts]-misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1 fonts update
Date: 26 Jul 2002 20:01:34 +0100

I've started working on the -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1 fonts again, in
particular on upgrading them towards Unicode 3.2 coverage. I did already
6x13, 9x15 and 9x18, though many of the really obscure new maths symbols
and arrows are still missing. If there is something you would like to
contribute to these fonts, now would be a good time to send it to me,
and I'll be likely to merge them into the distribution within 12 h. I'd
also appreciate any help with completing the missing characters in 7x13,
8x13 and 10x20 that you can offer (see the *.missing* files).

Download:

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/download/ucs-fonts.tar.gz
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/download/ucs-fonts-asian.tar.gz

With the Unicode 3.2 extension, the TARGET3 fonts are finally sufficient
to cover all characters that TeX can produce. I also updated the UTF-8
example files

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/TeX.txt
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/UTF-8-demo.txt

to show some new Unicode 3.2 characters.

Markus