[Fwd: Special encodings to use when translating Anaconda]

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 25 11:13:20 EEST 2002

-----Προωθημένο Μήνυμα-----

From: Matt Wilson <msw at redhat.com>
To: i18n-list at redhat.com
Subject: Special encodings to use when translating Anaconda
Date: 24 Jul 2002 16:14:29 -0400

Hi all.

Anaconda currently has some special restrictions to consider when
translating.  Different encodings should be used depending on what
part of anaconda you are translating.  I am going to go through and
make sure that all files for anaconda have the proper encoding.  When
committing please be sure to commit files using the correct encoding.

I might be able to complete features in the text mode anaconda that
will make all anaconda translations UTF-8.  I don't know if I'll be
able to complete the needed changes before the next release.  If we
switch text mode over to UTF-8 I'll send another message.

anaconda:

anaconda-online-help/gui/help-screens-{lang}.sgml -- use UTF-8
anaconda-online-help/text/text-help-{lang}.sgml -- use native encoding
anaconda-po/{lang}.po -- use native encoding

For specspo:

specspo/{lang}.po -- use UTF-8

For readmes:

readmes/RELEASE-NOTES-master-{lang}.sgml -- use UTF-8 (this is only
translated in tier 1 languages by Red Hat translators, if I recall
correctly.)

Cheers,

Matt