[Fwd: Red Hat gnome 2 translations]

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 25 11:12:38 EEST 2002

-----Προωθημένο Μήνυμα-----

From: Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com>
To: gnome-i18n at gnome.org
Subject: Red Hat gnome 2 translations
Date: 23 Jul 2002 22:42:39 -0400

Hi,

Some people may be interested in the Red Hat gnome 2 packages. If you
aren't, read no further.

At this point upstream GNOME translations are frozen for 2.0.1.
Our intent for Red Hat Linux is to ship the 2.0.1 tarballs, but with
the following changes that are relevant to i18n:

 - metacity shipped instead of sawfish
 - vte instead of libzvt
 - control-center will have some patches to support metacity,
   and font stuff, including string changes; probably
   these po files will land in gnome CVS for fixup
   (in a special module such as redhat-po-files perhaps,
   or maybe we should create a control-center branch?)
 - some desktop files and menu strings will be in the
   "redhat-menus" module on i18n.redhat.com

If any packages miss the 2.0.1 deadlines, we probably won't get new
versions of those packages.

If there's anything I'm missing please let me know.

Basically the deadlines are the same as for 2.0.1 since we're using
2.0.1 translations, so no rocket science. The main thing is just to
get redhat-menus and metacity in addition to the 2.0.1 modules.

Thanks!

Havoc