Translating GSview into Greek

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Sat Jul 28 12:18:12 EEST 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Russell Lang wrote:

> All,
>
> I am the author of GSview, a PostScript previewer based on
> Ghostscript.  The Linux version of GSview uses Gtk++.
> I do not understand Greek.  I am not subscribed to this mailing list.
>
> Someone is translating GSview into Greek for Windows.
> With a little bit of extra work, I hope the Linux version can
> also be made to work in Greek.
>
> Could someone please assist me in the steps necessary to make
> a Gtk program run in Greek?  You don't need to do the actual
> translation.
>
> What I need to know is how to specify that the text is in Greek (ISO-
> 8859-7) not the default ISO-Latin1, and any other localisation issues
> that need to be considered.  I will compile GSview with the Greek
> translation, but I will not be able to test it.

Dear Russell,
	Thanks for your e-mail and your interest to enable Greek
support for the Linux version of GSview.
	We would be very happy to test the Greek beta versions
of GSview.
	Please send us more information on how to help,
that is the location of the test compilations and so on.

Thanks again,
Simos Xenitellis
p.s.
Sorry for the late response.