[Clonezilla-sysresccd-general] I can't wait any longer...

Spiros Georgaras sng at hellug.gr
Mon Dec 14 15:34:32 EET 2009

On Sunday 13 of December 2009 Jyrki Vesterinen wrote:
> I have delayed migration to GRUB2 because Clonezilla-SysRescCd doesn't
> include Super Grub2 Disk. It has been over a year since the latest release.
>
> I also believe there is still need for something like
> Clonezilla-SysRescCd. At least I still use the CD weekly for backing up
> my data and sometimes for partitioning and other tasks.
>
> I know I shouldn't complain without will to do something myself. That's
> why I'm NOT doing so. In fact, I'm considering to create my own project
> as a successor to Clonezilla-SysRescCd.
>
> But before I begin, I want to check some things.
>
> First, is Clonezilla-SysRescCd still being developed?

Hi Jyrki

The problem with developing Clonezilla-SysRescCd is not all about creating the
CD itself, but writing and checking the documentation (on and off-line)

Supposing the creation of a new CD takes three to four hours, writing the
documentation may take up 10 times as much, and this is really hard for me to
do, because of lack of time

In fact, during this whole year of inactivity, I have created (and used) newer
("beta" -  aka no documentation) CDs, but I haven't released any of them just
because the documentation was outdated. And bad or lack of off-line
documentation for such a project is a show stopper for me

So, would you - or anyone else - be willing to help writing/updating/checking
the documentation?

Regarding Super Grub2 Disk, well this should be relatively easy to do even
with Clonezilla-SysRescCd 2.6. I could help you do it if you do need it asap
:)

> Second, is there already a successor to the CD? (I didn't find any by
> googling.)

None that I know of...

--
Regards