[Twilight GUI] TWGui (fwd)

Stelios Xanthakis sxanth at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Oct 18 17:55:38 EEST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:32:08 +0200
From: Tom Parker <palfrey at tevp.net>
To: sxanth at ceid.upatras.gr
Subject: TWGui

I've written a little wrapper for Twilight GUI that implements a way to make it
easier to select a gui. Instead of doing the whole try/except/ImportError code
in every application, a program can import twgui and call twgui.get_gui() to
find a GUI to use. get_gui() also takes an optional argument of an ordered list
of GUIs to select from. Additionally, there's an internal function __get_guis()
so that programs like run2.py can get a complete list of GUIs, not just one.

Also, wrap_wxpython and wrap_tkinter wouldn't run on my machine because of some
small bugs. Not sure whether this is a change in the api's between your version
and mine or not. I'm running a Debian machine with the 2.4.2.6 wxPython
package, and the 2.3.4-13 python tk package. I've attached a patch to fix these
things.

Tom
--
palfrey at tevp.net - http://tevp.net