[Rule] FYI

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Fri Jan 25 17:51:59 EET 2008

I don't remember if I posted it here, but I managed to get Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
installed and running on my ThinkPad 750P. That's a 33MHz 486 with 36MB
RAM.

I tried Feisty and Gutsy, and both of those crashed just after boot, so
the kernels may not be compatible with the machine.

I just have the base system installed, but it does seem to work. I even
saw X start up once at 320x240x1 bit. I would like to get all the devices
working, but my free time is eaten by other projects.

I have a write-up here:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_on_a_ThinkPad_750P

Feel free to add to the page, the discussion, or ask me any questions!

Chris