[Rule] What's Next?

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Wed Aug 22 17:13:49 EEST 2007

Hey all,

I was really excited to find Rule Project. I think it's an excellent idea.

I'm also seriously disheartened at the apparent lack of activity in this
community, including my own. :)

Now there well may be activity, but it's not apparent, and it would seem
to me that if there's no activity in a project, it wouldn't be prudent to
spend your time on it unless you want to do everything alone.

So, in an effort to nudge things along, I impart some energy, and
hopefully, some of you will too, we all get excited about the project
again, some more people join, a critical mass is reached and everything
gets easier and easier. I'd like EVERY ONE of us to step up and tell us
all what you'd like to see done next, and how we can help get us there.

Can someone let me know how many subscribers this list has?

What needs to be done to move things along? Coding? Packaging? Testing?
Writing? Web work?

As a relative newcomer, I see some things on the web site that could be
better, and I'm willing to do some work, but I'd like to know what the
rest of you think about what the next steps should be.

As to what I have to offer: I'm a programmer, still most comfortable in C.
I have an old ThinkPad with a 486, an unsupported video chip, sound that's
never worked in Linux and a pen interface. I can run tests, make and
update bug reports. I think I write well, if a little dryly. I know Ruby
and Rails.

I know we're all busy these days. Full time jobs, homes, families, other
obligations all take time. If my work gets used and appreciated, this
hobby will become one of the more fun ones for me, and I'll give more time
to it.

Join me.

Thanks,
Chris