[Rule] Adding or restoring content to the RULE website

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sun Dec 10 09:51:17 EET 2006

Hello,

Now that the web infrastructure is restored, what matters now is to
actually add, update and improve content.

Right now I have just pasted back the old install guide and a link to
the mailing list page. I plan to add more of the old articles during
the week. However, the most important thing is that there is as much
participation as possible from all users (I have seen that there are a
dozen or so registered ones right now).

Please login when you can to do any combination of the following:

1) reinsert old articles of which you have a copy (I and C.D. Rigby
   _should_ have most of them backed up, but better a duplicate, which can
   be merged or removed later, than losing stuff

2) insert new ones: this includes both 100% new material and stuff
   that was originally published elsewhere, starting from Franz's
   documents at http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY/

   (note: this is the most urgent/important thing to do before moving to FC6 and/or
   announcing the new website on the Fedora mailing lists)

3) Comment the existing articles to signal errors, add missing
   paragraphs, and generally improve them in any way. If you have
   registered, you can directly add comments on the website, otherwise
   please do it through this mailing list.

Right now the website is quite open, meaning that everybody can
register without approval and registered users can publish new pages
or comment old ones without moderation and similar (I have really,
really strong feelings about allowing anonymous write access to
websites I run, sorry).

Please let me know if there is any problem when you try to add content
or comments.

Ciao,
	Marco