[Rule] Article idea

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:42:25 EET 2006

Hello all,

I have the idea to write a short article for the RULE site that is a
simple template for installation reports. It will be useful for me to
do it, since I need to refresh faded memories of the "formatting
language" used for writing articles. It would be useful because:

1) Testers could fill in the information without having to learn the
article-writing format rules that are SPIP-specific.

2) It could be made available as a downloadable file, so that someone
could use a simple text editor on an unconnected machine to fill it in
while doing an installation.

3) We would receive installation reports in a consistent form, which I
suppose would be handy.

4) Test report writers could cut-&-paste it into an article editor
window, thus starting a new report in a consistent form.

I'll get started on this if it seems like a useful idea. Possibly we
already have something set up that serves this purpose in another
fashion or place that I've overlooked?

Regards,
CDRigby